Specifies whether tableBASE should check if a VTS-TSR is SAF interface protected. Examples of products which implement SAF interface protection are RACF, ACF2 and Top Secret.
This option is only available in the tableBASE VTS Gate interface.
The following is a description of each parameter value:
- Y indicates that:
- starting up or shutting down of a VTS-TSR will require an access authority of CONTROL or ALTER on the VTS
- all tableBASE update commands on a VTS-TSR will be checked to ensure that the user has at least UPDATE access authority on the VTS
- all tableBASE read commands on a VTS-TSR will be checked to ensure that the user has at least READ access authority on the VTS
- tableBASE commands which do not fall into the READ or UPDATE categories will not require any special VTS-TSR access authority.
- N indicates that tableBASE will not check whether a VTS-TSR is SAF interface protected.
The delivered default for this parameter is N.
This option cannot be modified using the TBOPT DD statement. It can only be modified using the DK1V1134 source provided and relinking DK1VBASE. For more details on how to override the default, please see the chapter on “Installing the VTS Gate product” in the tableBASE Installation Guide.
For details on how to SAF protect a VTS-TSR to conform to tableBASE requirements, please refer to the tableBASE Administration Guide.
For a list of tableBASE command categories, please refer to the tableBASE Programming Guide.