This field is used to distinguish between normal tableBASE processing and other specialized types of processing.
- When used in conjunction with the VV command:
- REQUEST-ID = 00 switches a VTS locked in read-write mode to read-only mode
- REQUEST-ID = 01 switches a VTS initialized as read-only to read-write mode
- REQUEST-ID = 02 force switches a VTS to read-only mode if it is locked in read-write mode after the job-step that holds the read-write lock terminates abnormally.
- When used in conjunction with all other commands except the VV command:
- FUNCTION-ID = 00 for normal processing
- FUNCTION-ID = 01 for Date-Sensitive Processing
- FUNCTION-ID = 16 is used with the LT command. See List Open Tables (LT).