The tableBASE Release Notes provide a summary of all of the enhancements included in each release of this version. Programmers should be aware of the following modifications:
- A new optional interface, VTS Gate which provides added security for VTS-TSRs. Features include Read-only, SAF protected (using tools like ACF2, RACF and Top Secret) and hardware key protected VTS-TSRs.
- Accessing an SAF interface protected or hardware key protected VTS-TSR with the tableBASE Version 4 TBASEV or TBCALLV APIs i.e. by setting the VTS name using the VTSNAME parameter of TBOPT, or through the VS command, is not supported and will produce unpredictable results. Please contact DataKinetics if this restriction affects you.
- tablesONLINE/CICS has not been upgraded to work with VTS Gate, so if a secure VTS is used with this interface, some errors may not be properly displayed. If you would like to use VTS Gate with tablesONLINE/CICS, please contact DataKinetics.
- A new run-time option for VTS-TSR strobe reporting, using minute intervals.
- The addition of a new field in the COMMAND-AREA which will allow long running tasks to continue accessing a VTS-TSR that has been restarted or switched from read-only to read-write mode and vice versa.
- A fix to handle VTS-TSR strobe reporting file overflow.
- Larger fields for tableBASE strobe reports and the LT command.
- The addition of the USER-COMMENTS field from the DEFINITION-BLOCK parameter to certain TBEXEC commands.
- A new run-time option to specify checking for SAF interface protected tableBASE libraries.
- GD, OR and OW command behaviour changes.
- Improved error handling and recovery for WLM-managed DB2 SPAS.
- If library update commands, CG, DG, RN and XT for a table are being executed while the TSR of record is a VTS-TSR, and the table is open in the local TSR, these commands will now fail.