Most people involved with mainframe systems for large IT organizations are keenly aware of the impact that IBM licensing has on the monthly IT budget. It is a significant line item in the IT budget—maybe the biggest. Well, there is some good news – IBM is making some changes to their monthly licensing, and that may make a difference for you and your IT organization.
IBM is now offering a new license charging option, Country Multiplex Licensing Charges (CMLC) which will start delivery in October and effectively reduce monthly license (IBM/MLC) charges. While CMLC will not reduce current MSU usage fees, it will allow new workload MSUs to be obtained at a lower cost.
This session will provide some important information, including:
- Overview of current IBM licensing
- Overview of IBM’s new Country Multiplex Licensing Charges (CMLC)
- How CMLC will make a difference
- How to prepare for CMLC such that you will benefit most from it
- Results that you can expect from adopting CMLC