Since its inception, the Affordable Care Act has created the largest growth in the number of insured people in four decades—greatly affecting the IT burden within the insurance industry as a whole. Since the passage of the Affordable Care Act five years ago, about 16.4 million uninsured people have gained health coverage. Further, more than 12.3 million additional individuals are enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP as of April 2015, compared to before October 2013.
It is this growth in the number of insured people, and the associated insurance claims, that continue to challenge IT organizations when managing the IT workload associated with increases in insurance policies and claims. In this executive webinar, participants will be given insight into ways to improve IT efficiency and how to save and add millions to the bottom line through better IT process.
In this executive focused webinar we will discuss:
- Process Engineering and Reengineering – How to rigorously document processes and how to define process steps to increase productivity.
- Cost/Benefit Analysis – How to determine the cost/benefit for each IT process step to achieve proper ROI.
- Defining Silos within the Corporation – How to define and eliminate arbitrary corporate silos and calculate the “claim-to-pay” cycle between silos.
- Working with Internal Auditors to increase IT efficiency – How to create processes with internal auditing and compliance teams to identify SOX and HIPAA compliance challenges—an opportunity for efficiency through automation.
- Identifying Company Efficiency versus IT Efficiency – How to exploit financial leverage by investing a small amount in IT to yield greater savings to the company.