If your installation does not include the CICS interface, you must calculate the master password manually. It is calculated from a combination of an Installation Variable (which defaults to 246135) and the IPL date. The IPL date can be displayed with the MVS command D IPLINFO. Below is the algorithm for the master password calculation:
- Add the IPL date (in the form of YYMMDD) to the numeric portion of the Installation Variable, consisting of six digits, creating a possible seven digit number of which the low order six digits are:
- Create four three-digit numbers from this sum:
- ACE = w
- BDF = x
- FAC = y
- EBD = z
- Calculate the sum of squares:
- P = (w * w) + (x * x) + (y * y) + (z * z)
The low-order six digits of P form the Master Password.
For example, if the IPL date is Aug 22, 2009, i.e. 090822, then the calculation goes like this:
- ABCDEF = (090822 + 246135) = 336957
- w = 365; x = 397; y = 736; z = 539
- P = (365 x 365) + (397 x 397) + (736 x 736) + (539 x 539) = 1123051
Master password is 123051.